Hello Mavericks Families,
Now is the time for us to lay a strong foundation that will last for generations! We have a great opportunity in this inaugural year of Mill Creek Middle School to excel in how we support our school, and in how we connect with and impact our children, faculty and community. It takes many volunteers to make this a reality and parent volunteers are always necessary and welcome. The PTO's goal is to enrich the environment for our children, families and community.
Opening a new school is super exciting and the county and has provided our campus with what we need to be successful. Our fundraising efforts will be focused on helping the school purchase items that will help our faculty and staff foster an environment of success in the classroom, in the arts and in athletics.
We are looking forward to upcoming events in our school, with our AMAZING York campus family and our community. I encourage you to get involved in a way that is comfortable for you. I also encourage you to step outside of your comfort zone, share those gifts and talents that you thought didn't have a place. I assure you we can find a way to help them spring forth!
When you join the PTO…
- You help us meet our school's needs that go beyond the funding provided by the county. While we are very grateful for the funding from the county, it simply isn’t enough.
- You are a role model for your kids. By becoming a member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- You have the opportunity to speak up. Your membership gives you a vote at PTO meetings.
- You can get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school. You have access to member-only areas of the website, and you will receive information about MCMS as well as events at other schools, what’s going on in the community, and volunteer opportunities
- You will tap into a network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- PTO members get exclusive access to the new online school directory and PTO member-only family events.
Please join the MCMS PTO with your tax deductible donation of $25
and those funds collected will be included with our other fundraising monies like RAISE THE CREEK (click here to find out more about Raise the Creek)
and utilized in our quest to provide our students, teachers, staff and administration with the resources needed to succeed.
Click here to join the PTO.
I look forward to working with you this year.
Angela S. Mull
2016 - 2017 PTO President