Hello Mavericks Families,
It is hard to believe that we have finished our inaugural year at MCMS and we have started year two. It was all new, the building, the administrators, the teachers the students and not to mention the sheer amount of growth in Nolensville. We tried things that we knew worked, we tried new things and we thought…WHAT ARE WE DOING???
This second year we can tweak what we tried in year one to make things even better.
One thing we will continue to strive to be better at is communication. We are constantly connected and sometimes we look for our children to get information to you. As a PTO we will do our part to ensure you are parents receive information regarding events and happenings. So, we encourage you to check the school and PTO websites, social media site as well as open AND read the newsletter from our Principal as well as the PTO newsletter that will begin this year.
We encourage you to get involved in whatever way you feel comfortable no amount of time is too small. We have a great opportunity as parents and the Nolensville community to help our teachers, and staff provide an environment of Leaders who Exceed and Inspire.
Opening a new school was super exciting and the county provided our campus with what we needed to be successful. However that funding only goes so far. The PTO's goal is to enrich the environment for our children, families and community. Our fundraising efforts will be focused on helping the school purchase items that will help our faculty and staff foster an environment of success in the classroom, in the arts and in athletics.
We are looking forward to upcoming events in our school, with our AMAZING York campus family and our community. I encourage you to get involved in a way that is comfortable for you. I also encourage you to step outside of your comfort zone, share those gifts and talents that you thought didn't have a place. I assure you we can find a way to help them spring forth!
When you join the PTO…
- You help us meet our school's needs that go beyond the funding provided by the county. While we are very grateful for the funding from the county, it simply isn’t enough.
- You are a role model for your kids. By becoming a member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- You have the opportunity to speak up. Your membership gives you a vote at PTO meetings.
- You can get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school. You have access to member-only areas of the website, and you will receive information about MCMS as well as events at other schools, what’s going on in the community, and volunteer opportunities
- You will tap into a network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- PTO members get exclusive access to the new online school directory and PTO member-only family events.
Please join the MCMS PTO with your tax deductible donation of $25
and those funds collected will be included with our other fundraising monies like RAISE THE CREEK (click here to find out more about Raise the Creek)
and utilized in our quest to provide our students, teachers, staff and administration with the resources needed to succeed.
Click here to join the PTO.
I look forward to working with you this year.
Angela S. Mull
2017 - 2018 PTO President